Waverley Diploma in Spiritual Formation
Whilst not validated by a university this course is taught alongside the students studying the MA in Spiritual Formation.
This programme is suitable for those interested in Spiritual Formation and developing themselves in this area without going through the rigors of assessment for a Higher Education award. There are no formal entry qualifications required for this course, but candidates may find it helpful to have some experience in this area.
Students taking this course take six taught modules:
- Framework, skills and ethics
- Approaches to Spiritual Formation
- Spiritual Direction
- Pastoral Care
- Mentoring and Coaching – Successful completion allows students to achieve professional accreditation with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
Two years part-time. Three modules are delivered each year, one per academic term.
Students can enter the programme at the start of any of the taught modules.
Students are required to keep a personal journal throughout the duration of the course. Each term students submit a 500 word synopsis of their journal. Students are also required to undertake a number of interventions to practice the various skills that they will learn throughout the course.
Dates and fees of programme
Download the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment here.
Students will also have to fund the following items:
- A three day retreat as part of the Spiritual Direction module
- Accommodation costs whilst staying at the college
- Books and other study material
- Application for accreditation and membership of EMCC (this is optional)
Waverley Abbey College, Waverley Abbey House, Waverley Lane, Farnham GU9 8EP
Mode of Study
Three modules are delivered each year, one per academic term. Most taught modules are delivered in two blocks of three days each.
Students could apply for membership of the EMCC, or go on to the MA in Spiritual Formation.