MA Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy
This programme is the latest in a suite of BA and MA programmes delivered by Waverley Abbey College.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is suitable for:
- Qualified counsellors and/or psychotherapy practitioners in active clinical practice
- Those wishing to broaden their skills and expertise in a number of specialist areas
How is the programme taught?
In both Year 1 and 2, teaching will normally be concentrated in six intensive sessions (two–three days each), but your choice of modules may require a different attendance pattern.
What is the programme content?
- Diploma in Supervision
- Complex Issues
- Trauma, Abuse and Dissociation
- Systematic Therapy (Families, Couples, Individuals)
- Counselling Integration and Theological Perspectives
Please note these modules are subject to change.
Where is the programme taught?
What are the entry requirements?
You will need:
- Counselling training to degree level or DipHE, which will have typically included 450 tutor contact hours and a clinical practice requirement of at least 100 hours
- If you have counselling training to DipHE level, a first degree in another subject is normally required at level 2.1 or above
What are the dates for this programme?
The MA is a two–three-year part-time programme of 180 credits, leading to a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) after one year, and a Postgraduate Diploma after two years (a total 120 credits).
The full MA qualification will be awarded after completion of a research module (which is 60 credits giving you a total of 180 credits). You may either complete this in Year 2 or take a further year if it better suits your circumstances.
What are the programme fees?
What to do next?
Attend an Open Day
During the academic year, we offer a number of engaging Open Days at both of our campuses. This is a great opportunity for you to explore the College programmes further. Come along and meet tutors and current students to find out if studying at Waverley Abbey College is the right place for you. To book a place on an Open Day, please email email@example.com
Make an Application
For our validated programmes, applications are normally made in the spring and summer term prior to the start of the programme. Once your application has been received, you will receive acknowledgement and be invited for an interview.
Waverley Abbey College
Waverley Abbey House