Post graduate Certificate in Mentoring and Coaching
This programme is validated by Middlesex University and is 60 credits at level 7 of the Higher Education Framework.
Who is this course for and entry requirements
This programme is suitable for those interested in becoming or developing themselves in an existing role as a Mentor or Coach. Students will benefit from the module by:
- Being able to apply for professional/vocational accreditation with the EMCC as a result of the module, (subject to other checks)
- Embarking on a transformative journey, helped by others in the group with mentoring and coaching practise.
- Being encouraged with the skills you already have in the area of mentoring and coaching, and furthering these.
Students are required to have obtained a minimum of one of the following:
A first degree or equivalent professional qualification or
At least three years significant experience in ministry and relevant life experience
Students taking this course take three taught modules:
- Framework, skills and ethics
- Approaches to Spiritual Formation
- Mentoring and Coaching
Students can enter the programme at the start of any of the taught modules.
Students will have to write essays, give presentations and are required to keep a personal journal throughout the duration of the course.
Students will also have to fund the following items:
- Accommodation costs whilst staying at the college
- Books and other study material
- Application for accreditation by and membership of EMCC (this is optional)
Mode of Study
Part-time – most taught modules are delivered in two blocks of three days each.
Students could apply for membership of the EMCC, go on to leadership/ministry roles in a church or other Christian or secular organisation. Students could progress to the MA in Spiritual Formation.