BA (Hons) top-up in Spiritual Formation
This programme is validated by Middlesex University and is 120 credits at level 6 of the Higher Education Framework.
Who is this course for and entry requirements
This programme is suitable for those interested in Spiritual Formation both for themselves and in helping others that they interact with to grow and develop spiritually. Students are required to have obtained a minimum a Diploma of Higher Education in a related subject or equivalent professional qualification.
Students taking this course take six taught modules:
- Framework, skills and ethics
- Approaches to Spiritual Formation
- Spiritual Direction
- Pastoral Care
- Mentoring and Coaching – Successful completion allows students to be accredited with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
Two years part-time. Three modules are delivered each year, one per academic term.
Students can enter the programme at the start of any of the taught modules.
Students will have to write essays, give presentations and are required to keep a personal journal throughout the duration of the course.
Dates and fees of programme
Download the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment here.
Students will also have to fund the following items:
- A three day retreat as part of the Spiritual Direction module
- Accommodation costs whilst staying at the college
- Books and other study material
- Application and membership of EMCC (this is optional)
Waverley Abbey College, Waverley Abbey House, Waverley Lane, Farnham GU9 8EP
Mode of Study
Part-time – most taught modules are delivered in two blocks of three days each.
Students could apply for membership of the EMCC, go on to leadership/ministry roles in a church or other Christian or secular organisation or undertake study at masters’ level.