MA in Spiritual Formation
This programme is validated by Middlesex University and is 180 credits at level 7 of the Higher Education Framework.
Who is this course for and entry requirements
This programme is suitable for those interested in Spiritual Formation both for themselves and in order to help others that they interact with. Students are required to have obtained a minimum of one of the following:
A first degree or equivalent professional qualification or
At least three years significant experience in ministry and relevant life experience
Students taking this course take six taught modules in the first two years and a dissertation in the third year. The taught modules are:
- Framework, skills and ethics
- Approaches to Spiritual Formation
- Spiritual Direction
- Pastoral Care
- Mentoring and Coaching – Successful completion enables students to apply for accreditation with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC).
Three years part-time. Three modules are delivered in years one and two. In the third year, students will write their dissertations.
Students can enter the programme at the start of any of the taught modules.
Students will have to write essays, give presentations and are required to keep a personal journal throughout the duration of the course.
Students will also have to fund the following items:
- A three day retreat as part of the Spiritual Direction module
- Accommodation costs whilst staying at the college
- Books and other study material
- Application and membership of EMCC (this is optional)
Mode of Study
Part-time – most taught modules are delivered in two blocks of three days each.
Students could apply for membership of the EMCC, go on to leadership or ministry roles in a church or other Christian or secular organisation or undertake study at doctoral level.